Recipe for Fruit Scones
On this website, you will find a variety of easy scone recipes from sultana scone recipes, to cheese scone recipes. You will also find a varienty of different scone recipes such as one for pumpkin scones.
To keep things simple, however, we have created a 'generic' Fruit Scone Recipe for you to try, that could be used with a variety of fruits such as apple, orange, pears, dates, blackcurrants.
To make your scones you will need an oven, a baking sheet, a mixing bowl, a knife, a cutting implement, some spoons and possibly a rolling pin.
And as for the ingredients you will need the following
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups of flour
Two teaspns milk
Qtr of a teaspoon salt
3 tblspoons sugar
1/3rd cup butter
Single egg (beaten lightly)
Cup dried fruit (of your choice)
2 teaspns baking powder
1 tablespoon of sugar
To make your fruit scones follow the following steps;
1) Pre-heat your oven to 4 hundred degrees.
2) Grease baking sheet - do this lightly.
3) In a medium sized mixing bowl and mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt.
4) Slice in butter with fork until mixture is crumbly.
5) Add in egg together with the sour cream.
6) Stir until dry ingredients are moist and then mix in your fruit.
7) Flatten scone mixture dough onto a lightly floured area
8) Knead lightly 5 times.
9) Flatten dough to an 8 inch square on a greased baking sheet.
10) Brush top of dough mix with milk
11) Spread 1 tablespoon of sugar.
12) Cut out 8 wedges using a scone cutting tool.
Bake your mixture at 400 degs for 15 mins or until golden brown.